- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
GRASSY, Mo. -- Ernest Gale Cameron, 91, of Grassy died Friday, May 16, 2003, at Elder Care Nursing Home.
He was born Aug. 23, 1911, in Marquand, Mo., son of Ernest and Cora May Burton Cameron. He and Hazel Lucille Newell were married July 7, 1941.
Cameron was employed several years by Missouri State Highway Department. He was a member of Grassy Friendship Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Bill Cameron of Marble Hill, Mo.; two daughters, Barbara Davis of Woodville, Fla., Peggy Cruise of St. Louis; five grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Friendship Cemetery.