- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)3
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)6
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Henry Burnette was a good man, friend to many
To the editor:
I would like to make a few comments regarding the passing of Henry Burnette, longtime Cape Girardeau resident and a friend to many. I recall as a youngster going to Ruhs market to pick up a few things for my mom. I usually wound up at the meat counter, and there was Henry always willing to wait on me and pass the time of day. Henry knew I had a dog, old Skipper, so he would make sure he threw in a few meat scraps. I left Cape in the early 1950s to enter the military but always managed to return now and then to visit my family. We somehow managed to visit Henry's Meat Market for some good cuts and friendly conversation. Henry will be missed by those who knew him over the years. I would like to extend my sincere sympathy to the family. Henry was a good man and friend to many.
LARRY D. SWANN
Kimberling City, Mo.