- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Jackson thanks all who helped after the tornado
To the editor:
The mayor, board of aldermen and entire city staff of Jackson would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the individuals, businesses, organizations and neighboring communities that went above and beyond the call of duty to serve our great city in the wake of the May 6 tornado.
Even though hard work and recovery efforts continue, it may take months before things return to normal in our community. We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued efforts in working toward making Jackson's rebounding and rebuilding a success. It's the tremendous dedication, generosity and hometown spirit of our residents, businesses and organizations that continue to make Jackson the City of Beautiful Homes, Parks, Schools and Churches.
Public Works Director