- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Jackson thanks all who helped after the tornado
To the editor:
The mayor, board of aldermen and entire city staff of Jackson would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the individuals, businesses, organizations and neighboring communities that went above and beyond the call of duty to serve our great city in the wake of the May 6 tornado.
Even though hard work and recovery efforts continue, it may take months before things return to normal in our community. We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued efforts in working toward making Jackson's rebounding and rebuilding a success. It's the tremendous dedication, generosity and hometown spirit of our residents, businesses and organizations that continue to make Jackson the City of Beautiful Homes, Parks, Schools and Churches.
Public Works Director