- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Jackson thanks all who helped after the tornado
To the editor:
The mayor, board of aldermen and entire city staff of Jackson would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the individuals, businesses, organizations and neighboring communities that went above and beyond the call of duty to serve our great city in the wake of the May 6 tornado.
Even though hard work and recovery efforts continue, it may take months before things return to normal in our community. We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued efforts in working toward making Jackson's rebounding and rebuilding a success. It's the tremendous dedication, generosity and hometown spirit of our residents, businesses and organizations that continue to make Jackson the City of Beautiful Homes, Parks, Schools and Churches.
Public Works Director