- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Jackson thanks all who helped after the tornado
To the editor:
The mayor, board of aldermen and entire city staff of Jackson would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the individuals, businesses, organizations and neighboring communities that went above and beyond the call of duty to serve our great city in the wake of the May 6 tornado.
Even though hard work and recovery efforts continue, it may take months before things return to normal in our community. We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued efforts in working toward making Jackson's rebounding and rebuilding a success. It's the tremendous dedication, generosity and hometown spirit of our residents, businesses and organizations that continue to make Jackson the City of Beautiful Homes, Parks, Schools and Churches.
Public Works Director