- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Religion calendar 5/17
Hope Circle of Grace United Methodist Church will meet at 6:30 p.m. for a tea at Francine's. Cheryl Mothes and Amber Larson are hosts.
Third Sunday services at 11 a.m. at Apple Creek Presbyterian Church near Pocahontas. The Rev. Jimmie Corbin will be the speaker. The gathering will celebrate the church's 181 year history. There also will be a baptism during the service.
Groundbreaking ceremony at 4 p.m. for Saxony Lutheran High School at the proposed site for the school off Interstate 55 at Fruitland.
Grace United Methodist Women's Circles meet. The Caldwell Circle meets at 9:30 a.m. in the fellowship hall. Opal Collins is hostess and Charlene Caldwell will present a program.
The Copeland Circle meets at 9:30 a.m. also. Mary Jane Statler and Marie Statler are hostesses. Mary Jane Statler will present a program.
The Sander Circle meets at noon in the fellowship hall. Alma Lee Slinkard is hostess and La Verne Batz will present a program.
Susanna Wesley Circle of Centenary United Methodist Women will tour the Susanna Wesley Family Learning Center in East Prairie, Mo. The group will meet in the church parking lot at 9:45 a.m., and will have lunch at the center. For information, call Lois Boston at 334-4323.
The Wimodausis Circle will meet at 1 p.m. in the Limbaugh Parlor at Centenary. Ellen Dillon will speak about her clowning ministry.