- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Rosemary Hitt, 76, of Advance died Wednesday, May 14, 2003.
She was born March 28, 1927, at Allenville, daughter of Robert and Mary Louise Deimund Eakin. She and Thomas Hitt were married June 21, 1946, at Marble Hill, Mo.
Hitt was a library assistant at Advance Public Schools many years. She also worked at Bell City Schools four years. She was of the Jehovah's Witnesses belief and attended Cape South Kingdom Hall.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Mike Hitt of Advance; a daughter, Marsha Walker of Dexter, Mo.; a brother, Earl Eakin of Delta; a sister, Ruby Mabrey of Allenville; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Tom Kelsey officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery near Advance.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Advance School Foundation.