- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
Paul Schock doing great job in Scott City
To the editor:
In response to the article "Going public: Wall in Scott City displays local art": Hooray for Paul Schock and what he's doing for the Illmo side of Scott City. I grew up in Illmo. It was a beautiful, thriving little town. Over the years, businesses closed or moved to the Scott City side of the tracks, and Illmo began to decay. How sad that was for me when I would come back home to visit.
I recently had the opportunity to visit with Schock and hear his plans for Illmo. I never would have thought, when I used to walk to town for a soda at Amrhein's Drug Store and a visit to the post office, that Main Street would become an art center. He is doing a wonderful job, and the citizens of Scott City need to name him Man of the Year.