- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Paul Schock doing great job in Scott City
To the editor:
In response to the article "Going public: Wall in Scott City displays local art": Hooray for Paul Schock and what he's doing for the Illmo side of Scott City. I grew up in Illmo. It was a beautiful, thriving little town. Over the years, businesses closed or moved to the Scott City side of the tracks, and Illmo began to decay. How sad that was for me when I would come back home to visit.
I recently had the opportunity to visit with Schock and hear his plans for Illmo. I never would have thought, when I used to walk to town for a soda at Amrhein's Drug Store and a visit to the post office, that Main Street would become an art center. He is doing a wonderful job, and the citizens of Scott City need to name him Man of the Year.