- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Paul Schock doing great job in Scott City
To the editor:
In response to the article "Going public: Wall in Scott City displays local art": Hooray for Paul Schock and what he's doing for the Illmo side of Scott City. I grew up in Illmo. It was a beautiful, thriving little town. Over the years, businesses closed or moved to the Scott City side of the tracks, and Illmo began to decay. How sad that was for me when I would come back home to visit.
I recently had the opportunity to visit with Schock and hear his plans for Illmo. I never would have thought, when I used to walk to town for a soda at Amrhein's Drug Store and a visit to the post office, that Main Street would become an art center. He is doing a wonderful job, and the citizens of Scott City need to name him Man of the Year.