- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape/Jackson police reports 5/16/03
Friday, May 16
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
Tyrone Edward Taylor, 45, of 1122 S. Ellis, Cape Girardeau, was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, driving while revoked and a stop sign violation.
Gary Edwin Walton, 44, of 508 Cape Meadows, Apt. 36, was arrested Thursday on a Scott County warrant for nonsupport.Summons
Kevin Michael Griffen, 20, of 35 Crestshire, Arnold, Mo., was issued a summons Wednesday on suspicion of trespassing.
Two suspects were placed in custody Wednesday on suspicion of domestic assault.
A suspect was placed in custody Wednesday on suspicion of domestic assault.Burglaries
A guitar and mountain bike were reported stolen Wednesday in a burglary at 257 N. Park.
A guitar, cordless phone and compact discs were reported stolen Thursday in a burglary at 541 S. Hanover.
Thefts A CB radio was reported stolen and a vehicle damaged Wednesday at Road Max, 900 S. Kingshighway.
A cell phone, lottery tickets, a flashlight and prescription medication were reported stolen Thursday at 2021 Yorktown.
Gasoline was reported stolen Wednesday at Shell D-Mart, 3415 William.
Money was reported stolen Thursday at 602 Morgan Oak.
Boots and DVDs were reported stolen Thursday at 900 Normal to the Department of Public Safety at Southeast Missouri State University.
A window was reported damaged Wednesday at 522 S. Ellis.
A black case and cassette tapes were found Wednesday at 2511 Fairlane.
A suspect was placed in custody Thursday pending filing of formal charges for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, operating a vehicle with a suspended license, no tail lights and expired license plates.
Failure to return rental property was reported Thursday by Show Me Rent to Own, 2136 William.Jackson
Friday, May 16
The following items were released by the Jackson Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
An assault was reported Thursday in the 1600 block of West Independence.
Theft Theft was reported Thursday on Anna Street.
Property damage was reported Thursday in the 300 block of South Missouri.Miscellaneous
Vandalism was reported Thursday in the 1100 block of Camberlain Drive.