- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)35
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Scouting event is success for those with special needs
To the editor:
Because of the volunteering spirit, Classroom Scouting Adventure Day for special-needs students was a huge success on May 8.
I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many volunteers, Cape County Park South employees and others for making possible the many Scouting activities for the 200 Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and their teachers from Southern Illinois and Southeast Missouri classrooms.
Again, my wholehearted thank you.
BEVERLY K. HAHS
Special Needs Classroom Coordinator
Greater St. Louis Are Council
Boy Scouts of America