- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Scouting event is success for those with special needs
To the editor:
Because of the volunteering spirit, Classroom Scouting Adventure Day for special-needs students was a huge success on May 8.
I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many volunteers, Cape County Park South employees and others for making possible the many Scouting activities for the 200 Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and their teachers from Southern Illinois and Southeast Missouri classrooms.
Again, my wholehearted thank you.
BEVERLY K. HAHS
Special Needs Classroom Coordinator
Greater St. Louis Are Council
Boy Scouts of America