- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Scouting event is success for those with special needs
To the editor:
Because of the volunteering spirit, Classroom Scouting Adventure Day for special-needs students was a huge success on May 8.
I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many volunteers, Cape County Park South employees and others for making possible the many Scouting activities for the 200 Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and their teachers from Southern Illinois and Southeast Missouri classrooms.
Again, my wholehearted thank you.
BEVERLY K. HAHS
Special Needs Classroom Coordinator
Greater St. Louis Are Council
Boy Scouts of America