- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)46
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)5
Scouting event is success for those with special needs
To the editor:
Because of the volunteering spirit, Classroom Scouting Adventure Day for special-needs students was a huge success on May 8.
I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many volunteers, Cape County Park South employees and others for making possible the many Scouting activities for the 200 Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and their teachers from Southern Illinois and Southeast Missouri classrooms.
Again, my wholehearted thank you.
BEVERLY K. HAHS
Special Needs Classroom Coordinator
Greater St. Louis Are Council
Boy Scouts of America