- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Let's give thanks for those who fight for freedom
To the editor:
I clipped the following out of a magazine I was reading. It is so true.
"Let's thank God for the brave men and women who risked their lives for freedom. We do well to take to hear the words of John Stuart Mill, who wrote, 'War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. ... A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight -- nothing he cares about more than his own safety -- is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept by the exertions of better men than himself.'"
Marble Hill, Mo.