- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Let's give thanks for those who fight for freedom
To the editor:
I clipped the following out of a magazine I was reading. It is so true.
"Let's thank God for the brave men and women who risked their lives for freedom. We do well to take to hear the words of John Stuart Mill, who wrote, 'War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. ... A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight -- nothing he cares about more than his own safety -- is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept by the exertions of better men than himself.'"
Marble Hill, Mo.