- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)25
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Let's give thanks for those who fight for freedom
To the editor:
I clipped the following out of a magazine I was reading. It is so true.
"Let's thank God for the brave men and women who risked their lives for freedom. We do well to take to hear the words of John Stuart Mill, who wrote, 'War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. ... A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight -- nothing he cares about more than his own safety -- is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept by the exertions of better men than himself.'"
Marble Hill, Mo.