- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Let's give thanks for those who fight for freedom
To the editor:
I clipped the following out of a magazine I was reading. It is so true.
"Let's thank God for the brave men and women who risked their lives for freedom. We do well to take to hear the words of John Stuart Mill, who wrote, 'War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. ... A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight -- nothing he cares about more than his own safety -- is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept by the exertions of better men than himself.'"
Marble Hill, Mo.