- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Rosetta "Billie" Briner, 84, of Anna died Monday, May 12, 2003, at her home.
She was born Feb. 14, 1919, in Union County, daughter of John and Lucinda Edwards Smithson. She and Edward L. Briner were married Aug. 15, 1936. He died March 18, 1976.
Briner was a member of First Baptist Church and worked in the church nursery many years.
She was preceded in death by a brother and three sisters.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Anna City Cemetery, with the Rev. Tim Sadler officiating.