- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lillie Paralee Wills, 93, of Advance died Monday, May 12, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 17, 1909, at McGee, Mo., daughter of Edgar and Ella Stephens VanMatre. She and Clarence E. Wills were married Jan. 2, 1929, at McGee. He died Dec. 27, 1982.
Wills was a retired postal worker. She was a member of Brush Creek Church and was a Sunday School teacher many years.
Survivors include two sons, Alfred Wills of Patterson, Mo., William Wills of McGee; five daughters, Lorene Williams, Wanda Rodgers and Norma VanMatre of Advance, Mary Ellen Hill of Granite City, Ill., Louise Lafferty of Bloomfield, Mo.; a sister, Mary Cowlen of state of Utah; 20 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, four brothers, and a grandson.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The Revs. Bill Sargent and Robert Lafferty will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.