- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Jo Evelyn Patterson, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 10, 2003, at her home.
She was the daughter of Paul Eugene and Gladys Evelyn Austin Kinder. She and S. David Patterson were married Sept. 9, 1949, in Cape Girar-deau. He preceded her in death Jan. 9, 2003.
Mrs. Patterson was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Church, women's organizations of St. Vincent's and St. Mary's Cathedral, and served as president of Legion of Mary six years.
Survivors include two sons and their wives, Marc and Michele Patterson of Jackson, John and Deborah Patterson of Rowlett, Texas; a daughter, Kelly Faircloth of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Howard Haman Jr. of Galveston, Texas; a half sister, Paula Seabaugh of Marble Hill, Mo.; five grandchildren, Jesse and Roxy Patterson of Jackson, Cole and Sophia Patterson of Rowlett, and Amber Faircloth of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, and a grandchild.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 14, at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Cantore officiating.
Memorial contributions are requested to St. Vincent de Paul Church or St. Francis Perpetual Adoration.