- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Marie L. Orselski, 82, of Mounds died Saturday, May 10, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 25, 1920, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of Melvin and Dannie Helen Merley Merritt. She was married Stanley R. Orselski. He preceded her in death.
She was a member of Villa Ridge Union Church in Villa Ridge, Ill.
Survivors include a brother, David Merritt of Monroe, Ga., and a sister, Shirley Fitzgerald of Mounds.
She was preceded in death by a son, two sisters and a brother.
Visitation will be from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds. Graveside service will be at 10:45 a.m. Tuesday at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge with the Rev. F. Jerry Herring officiating.