- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Ivo Francis Zahner, 97, of Perryville died Thursday, May 8, at St. Francis Medical Center.
He was born Aug. 24, 1905, at Perryville, son of Romanus J. and Anna Hoffman Zahner. He and Pearl Grass were married May 7, 1927, at Perryville. She survives.
Zahner had been a stitcher at International Shoe Company. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville and a third-degree Knight of Columbus.
Survivors include a son, Donald Zahner of Lincoln, Calif..; a brother, LeRoy Zahner of Perryville; two sisters, Selma Loberg and Edna Kirn, both of Perryville; six grandsons; 13 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville, where there will also be a parish wake service Monday evening. Visitation will continue from 6 a.m. to 11:20 a.m. Tuesday.
Funeral mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Kevin P. Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.