- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ORAN, Mo. -- Mildred Heisserer, 85, of Oran died Thursday, May 8, 2003, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girar-deau.
She was born Nov. 8, 1917, at Fornfelt, Mo., daughter of Thomas and Velva Bradley Clark. She and Lawrence Joseph Heisserer were married Nov. 22, 1944. He died May 29, 1995.
Heisserer was chief operator seven years with Southeast Telephone Co. in Fornfelt. She was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran and St. Ann Sodality.
Survivors include a sister, Bonnie Metheny of Oak Ridge.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 4 p.m. Sunday. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Guardian Angel Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.