- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Pauline Gladys Gunn, 77, of Pekin, Ill., died Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at Pekin Hospital.
She was born Aug. 10, 1925, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Charles Paul and Gladys Whitticre Blank. She and Joe White Gunn were married Dec. 20, 1944, in Cape Girardeau.
Gunn and her husband owned and operated Economy Shoes in Pekin 15 years, retiring in 1987. She had also worked at JC Penney in Cape Girardeau, Carp's Department Store in Sullivan, Mo., and Canton, Ill., and at Lidwell's Jewelry Store in Canton.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Nancy Harms of Canton; a son, James Gunn of Pekin; a sister, Barbara Blank of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Robert and William Blank of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Private visitation and service will be held today at Preston-Hanley Funeral Home in Pekin. The Rev. Terry Edele will officiate. Burial will be in Lakeside Cemetery at Pekin.