- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)5
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
'Spam' evolved from sketch by Monty Python
To the editor:
Regarding the etymology of "spam": Anyone who has been in the business for a long time knows that "spam" as applied to unwanted bulk e-mail comes from the Monty Python "Spam" sketch, where everything in a restaurant has Spam in it and Vikings are singing "Spam" continuously. Early Internet users (mostly geeks like me) watched Monty Python a lot.
Poplar Bluff, Mo.