- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
'Spam' evolved from sketch by Monty Python
To the editor:
Regarding the etymology of "spam": Anyone who has been in the business for a long time knows that "spam" as applied to unwanted bulk e-mail comes from the Monty Python "Spam" sketch, where everything in a restaurant has Spam in it and Vikings are singing "Spam" continuously. Early Internet users (mostly geeks like me) watched Monty Python a lot.
Poplar Bluff, Mo.