- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
'Spam' evolved from sketch by Monty Python
To the editor:
Regarding the etymology of "spam": Anyone who has been in the business for a long time knows that "spam" as applied to unwanted bulk e-mail comes from the Monty Python "Spam" sketch, where everything in a restaurant has Spam in it and Vikings are singing "Spam" continuously. Early Internet users (mostly geeks like me) watched Monty Python a lot.
Poplar Bluff, Mo.