- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
'Spam' evolved from sketch by Monty Python
To the editor:
Regarding the etymology of "spam": Anyone who has been in the business for a long time knows that "spam" as applied to unwanted bulk e-mail comes from the Monty Python "Spam" sketch, where everything in a restaurant has Spam in it and Vikings are singing "Spam" continuously. Early Internet users (mostly geeks like me) watched Monty Python a lot.
Poplar Bluff, Mo.