- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Bonita Sue Young, 62, of Perryville died Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at her home.
She was born Jan. 3, 1941, in Chester, Ill., daughter of Arkell W. and Dolores M. Sidick Clendenin. She and Scotty Young were married April 7, 1962.
Young was a 1958 graduate of St. Vincent High School. She had been a legal secretary for the state's attorney in Chester, office clerk with the Republic-Monitor Newspaper in Perryville, and worked in the packing department at Gilster-Mary Lee Corp.
She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Jeff and Chris Young of Perryville; a daughter, Kimberly Bishop of Perryville; her mother of Chester; two brothers, Robert Clendenin of Belleville, Ill., Kenneth Clendenin of Brandenburg, Ky.; two sisters, Brenda Prost of Steeleville, Ill., Mary Moeller of Chester; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. today, and Friday from 6:30 to 11 a.m. The wake will be at 7 tonight.
Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Alphonse Hoernig officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.