- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Elwood Mouser, 77, of Marble Hill died Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at his home.
He was born March 21, 1926, near Hahn, Mo., son of Hobert and Rosetta Davis Mouser. He and Virginia Lee Stewart were married April 17, 1954, at Zalma, Mo.
Mouser served as Bollinger County commissioner from January 1991 through December 1998. He was a member of VFW Post 5900, and of Palmore Baptist Church where he was Sunday School teacher and superintendent.
Survivors include his wife; a son, David Mouser of Marble Hill; three daughters, Sharon Dinkins of Whitewater, Sheila Cookemboo and Gwendolyn Mouser of Marble Hill; and six grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and four brothers.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Bob Porter and Lloyd Green officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery, with full military honors by VFW Post 5900 and military personnel.