- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Albert Leo Davis, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
He was born March 19, 1914, at Commerce, Mo., son of Samuel W. and Rosa Haman Davis. He and Daisy G. Brundrett were married June 10, 1936, at Illmo. She died Aug. 12, 2002.
Davis moved to Cape Girardeau in 1942 from Illmo. He was a mechanic 31 years, retiring from ABF in 1974. He was a member of Grace United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, George E. and Germaine Davis of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Juanita DeMott of Pottersville, Mo.; two grandchildren, Christopher Davis of Cape Girar-deau, Karen Sue Mitchell of Jackson; and a great-granddaughter, Samantha Davis of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by five brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Rev. Anselm Williams will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.