- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Martha Mae Sheeley, 82, of Chaffee died Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 11, 1921, at Chaffee, daughter of Luther Lee and Anna Johnson Arnold. She and Ray Surface were married Feb. 2, 1936. He died Oct. 28, 1959. She and John Sheeley were married May 22, 1965. He died March 9, 1966.
Sheeley retired as a machine operator at Thorngate Ltd. in Chaffee. She was a member of Church of God of Prophecy at Delta, and VFW Auxiliary 3127 in Chaffee.
Survivors include a son, Roy Surface of Chaffee; a daughter, Anna Brinker of St. Louis; a brother, Luther Arnold Jr. of Cape Girardeau; four sisters, Bernadean Kerley and Elsie Freeman of Chaffee, Glendola Shell of Scott City, Beulah Simpher of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a brother, and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 6 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Dan Baggett officiating. Burial will be in Kenyon Cemetery near Delta.