- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Elta Liley, 87, of Marble Hill died Sunday, May 4, 2003, at her home.
She was born Sept. 16, 1915, near Lutesville, Mo., daughter of Charles U. and Lillie B. Eaker. She and Orville B. Liley were married Sept. 16, 1933. He died Jan. 7, 1993.
Liley was city clerk of Lutesville many years. She was a member of First Assembly of God Church and Rebekah Lodge.
Survivors include two sons, Duane Liley of Alton, Ill., Deon Liley of Bethalto, Ill.; a brother, C.R. "Bud" Eaker of Marble Hill; two sisters, the Rev. Adrel Roy of Marble Hill, Wilda Reidle of Edwardsville, Ill.; six grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ellston Chapman officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery.