- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Hidden taxes are passed along to all consumers
To the editor:
A hidden tax can be one placed on the manufacturers and suppliers of goods and services. What Gov. Bob Holden fails to mention is that this tax is eventually passed on to the consumers. The additional cost of the tax is passed along to all consumers regardless of their income. Taxes on goods and services generally impact the low-income earner's standard of living more than it impacts the wealthy.
Marble Hill, Mo.