- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Hidden taxes are passed along to all consumers
To the editor:
A hidden tax can be one placed on the manufacturers and suppliers of goods and services. What Gov. Bob Holden fails to mention is that this tax is eventually passed on to the consumers. The additional cost of the tax is passed along to all consumers regardless of their income. Taxes on goods and services generally impact the low-income earner's standard of living more than it impacts the wealthy.
Marble Hill, Mo.