- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Betty Ann Nelson
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Elizabeth Ann "Betty Ann" Crouthers Nelson, 72, died Saturday, May 3, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Born June 22, 1930, in Lilbourn, Mo., daughter of the late Pearl James and Ethel Campbell Stearns, she was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Sikeston.
She was married to J.B. "Buddy" Crouthers in June 1948; he preceded her in death in June 1982. She later married Lewis C. Nelson in December 1994; he preceded her in death in August 1998.
Survivors include three sons and two daughters-in-law, James Burwell Crouthers Jr. of East Prairie, Mo., John Paul and Sherrie Crouthers of Sikeston and Mark Gregory and Katherine Crouthers of St. Louis; two stepsons, Dave Nelson of Atlanta, Ga., and Pete Nelson of Katy, Texas; a stepdaughter, Nancy Martin of Tulsa, Okla.; two sisters and a brother-in-law, Ruth and Floyd Liley of Cape Girardeau and Doris Brower of Springfield, Mo.; five grandchildren, Matthew Lee Crouthers of Fort Myers, Fla., Sarah Elizabeth Crouthers of Sikeston, James Burwell Crouthers III, Louis Maxwell Robert Crouthers and Cameron James Crouthers of St. Louis; two step-grandchildren, Brandy Mason of Jackson, Tenn., and Brent Keith of Portageville; and a great-granddaughter, Layne Elizabeth Crouthers of Fort Myers.
A brother-in-law, Hollis Brower, preceded her in death.
Friends may call Monday, May 5, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston, where funeral services are scheduled for Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. The Rev. David Jackson, associate pastor of First Baptist Church, will be officiating.
Burial will follow in the Mounds Park Cemetery in Lilbourn.
Pallbearers will be David Crouthers, Paul C. Crouthers Jr., Don Culbertson, Larry Voliva, Leroy Nunn and Ronnie Mason.
Honorary bearers will be Floyd Liley, Dick Reade, Collie Crouthers and Bert Brower.