- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Business memo 05/05/3
Cape Career Center to hold open house
The Cape Girardeau Career Center at 760 S. Kingshighway is inviting the public to its open house from 1:30-3:30 p.m. May 13. Refreshments and door prizes will be offered. The public will learn about the center's new Web site -- greathires.org. Information will be available on business resources, local training services, tax credit information, labor market data by industry and county and how to advertise job openings at no cost to the business.
Business relocates to Illinois industrial park
Inter-Rail Systems Inc., a recycling and environmental business with administrative headquarters in Cape Girardeau, recently relocated its processing center from Charleston, Mo., to Mounds Park, Ill. The Mounds Industrial Park is the former ADM complex west of Mounds on Olive Branch Road. Bob Janota is a partner in Mounds Transportation and Distribution Inc., the company that owns the Mounds Industrial Park, and is the sole proprietor of Inter-Rail Systems.
Business counseling sessions available
The Small Business Development Center of Southeast Missouri State University will be conducting counseling sessions for area small business people and individual business ventures. The counselor, Gil Degenhardt, will be available from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 14 at the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce. Call 335-3312 for an appointment.
He will be available in Perryville from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 15 at the Southeast Regional Planning Commission. Call (573) 547-8357 for an appointment. The sessions last about an hour and are free.
-- From staff reports