- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Hobecks married 60 years
Mr. and Mrs. Floyd Hobeck of Friedheim recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.
They were honored with an open house held in the fellowship hall at United Methodist Church in Daisy, Mo. Hosts were their children and spouses, Patsy and Larry Ford of Oak Ridge, Mo., Jim and Diana Hobeck of Oak Ridge, and Randy and Trish Hobeck of Friedheim.
Hobeck and Goldie Henry were married March 13, 1943, in Jackson.
He is a retired carpenter. The Hobecks have lived in the Friedheim and Daisy areas all their married life.
The couple has nine grandchildren, Susan Harris; Angy and Steven Ford; Cathy Strickland; Cindy Wachter; Eric, Alana, Alisha and Drew Hobeck. They also have four great-grandchildren, Riley and Sayler Wachter, Abby Strickland, and Skyler Lewis.