- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Dale Hicks, 78, of Jonesboro died Friday, May 2, 2003, at his home.
He was born Jan. 3, 1925, in Carnell, Ill., son of Robert Frank and Effie Wilson Hicks. He and Jewell Lindsey were married July 10, 1948, in Catlin, Ill.
Hicks was a truck driver many years, and also worked at Anna IGA. He was a member of the Church of the Nazarene in Fairmount, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Larry Hicks of Oakwood, Ill., Mike Hicks of Anna; a brother, Fred Hicks of Champaign, Ill.; three grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
Friends may call at Hileman and Parr Funeral Home from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Hamer officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.