- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- State of emergency declared in Missouri (2/24/18)1
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Longtime reader has high praise for paper's variety
To the editor:
I think the Southeast Missourian does a very good job in all the diverse sections of the paper. It has something of interest for all ages, young and old.
The Missourian tells you about what a reader would be interested in, such as church, school, real estate, grocery ads, sports, world news, TV, comics, theater, history, crossword puzzle, bridge column, horoscope and "Dear Abby."
I have been a subscriber for over 50 years. To me, the Missourian has become a first-class paper. Keep up the good work.
Sometimes the carrier misses his goal.