- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Longtime reader has high praise for paper's variety
To the editor:
I think the Southeast Missourian does a very good job in all the diverse sections of the paper. It has something of interest for all ages, young and old.
The Missourian tells you about what a reader would be interested in, such as church, school, real estate, grocery ads, sports, world news, TV, comics, theater, history, crossword puzzle, bridge column, horoscope and "Dear Abby."
I have been a subscriber for over 50 years. To me, the Missourian has become a first-class paper. Keep up the good work.
Sometimes the carrier misses his goal.