- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Leonard John Lee, 85, of Villa Ridge, formerly of Barlow, Ky., died Thursday, May 1, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 2, 1917, in Middleton, Tenn., the son of John and Emma Etta Everett Lee. He and Berdie Carlisle were married. She preceded him in death.
Lee served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
He played saxophone in Eddie Lewis orchestra, and retired as a painter from the Stewart Warner Corp. in Chicago.
Survivors include a sister, Iva Malone of Villa Ridge, and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife.
Visitation will be after 10 a.m. Saturday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge. Funeral service is at 11:30 a.m. at the funeral home with the Rev. Bill McGhee officiating. Burial will be in Wickliffe Cemetery in Wickliffe, Ky., with full military honors by VFW Post 8891 of Mounds, Ill.