- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
52 people killed in South Africa bus accident
SAULSPOORT DAM, South Africa -- A bus packed with passengers headed to a May Day celebration plunged into a reservoir Thursday, killing at least 52 people on board, police said.
The bus was pulled ashore hours after it plunged into the reservoir near the town of Bethlehem with 90 people inside. Some bodies were found on the bus; others were pulled from the water.
Ten survivors were pulled from the water and were briefly hospitalized.
Several police mortuary vans ferried bodies from the scene. At least 52 bodies were recovered, police said.