- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)4
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
52 people killed in South Africa bus accident
SAULSPOORT DAM, South Africa -- A bus packed with passengers headed to a May Day celebration plunged into a reservoir Thursday, killing at least 52 people on board, police said.
The bus was pulled ashore hours after it plunged into the reservoir near the town of Bethlehem with 90 people inside. Some bodies were found on the bus; others were pulled from the water.
Ten survivors were pulled from the water and were briefly hospitalized.
Several police mortuary vans ferried bodies from the scene. At least 52 bodies were recovered, police said.