- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rev. John Zimmerman
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- The Rev. John F. Zimmerman, 94, died Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at St. Mary's of the Barrens Seminary.
He was born Sept. 18, 1908, in Chicago, son of John Frederick and Kathryne Veronica Murray Zimmerman.
Zimmerman received his doctorate and license from Pont University St. Thomas/Angelicum in Rome, Italy.
He entered Novitiate at St. Mary's of the Barrens Seminary in September 1926, professed his vows at the seminary in September 1928, was ordained deacon at Kenrick Seminary in October 1933, and ordained a priest in June 1934 at St. Mary's of the Barrens.
He held assignments in Perryville; St. Louis; Evansville, Ind.; Paris, France; and Rome from 1934 until retiring in 1991 at St. Mary's of the Barrens. He was assistant general at the General Curia in Rome from 1955 to 1968.
Survivors include nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at St. Mary's of the Barrens Catholic Church after 5 p.m. today, and after 6:30 a.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the church. Burial will be in Vincentian Cemetery in Perryville.