- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ARBOR, Mo. -- Dora Lee Staats, 81, of Farmington, Mo., died Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at Parkland Health Center in Farmington.
She was born Nov. 11, 1921, at Arbor, daughter of Eugene and Mary Fife Cook. She and Homer F. Staats were married Aug. 31, 1937, at Marble Hill, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Roger Staats of Farmington, Larry Staats of Park Hills, Mo.; a daughter, Virginia Staudingen of Kansas City, Mo.; a sister, Oma Stone of Peoria, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, three sisters, and a grandson.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo., from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Dan Sitze officiating. Burial will be in Beatty Cemetery near Advance.