- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Calvin M. "Mote" DeWeese, 74, of Moberly, Mo., died Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at Boone Hospital Center in Columbia, Mo.
He was born July 19, 1928, in Clarence, Mo., son of Ambrose and Rita Mote DeWeese. He and Kathleen Stoner were married July 16, 1948, at Moberly.
DeWeese was formerly of Cape Girardeau, retiring from Zimmer Broadcasting Inc. in 2000 and moving back to Moberly. He was a lifetime member of Veterans of Foreign Wars, and a member of Masonic Lodge 344 in Moberly.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Chuck DeWeese of Moberly; a daughter, Sandi Lewis of Charleston, S.C.; a brother, Murle DeWeese of Higbee, Mo.; a sister, Esther Kilgore of Huntsville, Mo.; and two grandsons.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Cater Funeral Home in Moberly from 5 to 8 p.m. today. A Masonic service will be held at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Coleman officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Moberly.