- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Lisa Gaye Fraser Mitchell came into this world Jan. 13, 1959. Cancer took her from us April 22, 2003, while home in Millersville with husband, Daniel J. Mitchell, and her youngest son, Daniel J. Mitchell II.
Her parents, Orville and Clara Fraser, preceded her in death.
Sons Curtis A. Baldwin with the U.S. Army in Iraq, and Andrew P. Baldwin, working with college goals, survive also.
A simple woman on faith, christened Baptist, was not afraid of death but had much left to accomplish as wife, mother and upcoming country and gospel songwriter.
A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday, May 2, at Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church on State Highway 177 near Cape Girardeau.