- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Myrtle Dirden, 71, of Anna died Sunday, April 27, 2003, at Union County Hospital.
She was born July 6, 1931, in Anna, daughter of Delbert and Dena Vance Taylor. She and John H. Dirden were married July 6, 1948. He died Oct. 12, 2000.
Dirden was a member of Faith Assembly of God Church in Wolf Lake, Ill.
Survivors include two sons, Harry Dirden of Goreville, Ill., Irvin Dirden of Carbondale, Ill.; a daughter, Glendola Dirden of Anna; seven grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two sons, and a daughter.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna after 11 a.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in McGinnis Cemetery.