- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
GLENALLEN, Mo. -- Christy J. VanGennip and R. Scott Roberts were married Oct. 12, 2002, at First Baptist Church in Jackson. The Rev. Fred Ritter performed the ceremony. Honorary soloist was Marlene Creech.
The bride is the daughter of Robert and Laverne VanGennip of Glenallen. The groom is the son of Randall and Janice Roberts of Leland, N.C.
Matron of honor was Juliette Smith of Marble Hill, Mo. Bridesmaids were Susan Eckerle of Columbia, Mo., and Jennifer Pullen of Wilmington, N.C., sister of the groom.
J.D. Gidley of Raleigh, N.C., was best man. Groomsmen were Kelly McCullen of Greenville, Miss., and Ed Pullen of Wilmington, brother-in-law of the groom. Ushers were Brad Smith of Raleigh; Rick Lee of St. Louis; and Nathaniel and Elias Golden of Glenallen, both cousins of the bride.
Flower girls were Ruth Lee and Elizabeth Cassoutt. Ruth is the daughter of Greg and Kathleen Lee of St. Louis. Elizabeth is the daughter of Shanon and Tina Cassoutt of Perryville, Mo., and goddaughter of the bride.
Tina Cassoutt and Amy Gilbert of St. Louis attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers were Amy Gilbert, Tina Cassoutt, and Joan Masters of Columbia.
The rehearsal dinner was held Oct. 11 at the KC Hall.
Mrs. Roberts is a 1994 graduate of Woodland High School. She received a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from the University of Missouri-Columbia. She is human resources manager at Bethesda Southgate in St. Louis.
The groom is a 1993 graduate of North Brunswick High School in Leland. He received a bachelor's degree in business management from North Carolina State University. He is assistant manager at Golf Discount in St. Louis.
After a wedding trip to the Mayan Riviera, the couple is residing in St. Louis.