- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Martha P. Chrestman, 92, of Mounds died Thursday, April 24, 2003, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
She was born June 11, 1910, in Mississippi County, Mo., daughter of George and Emma Workman Parker. She married Ernest Chrestman, who died in 1998.
The Chrestmans owned Chrestman Food Center in Cairo. She was a member of Cairo Baptist Church.
Survivors include a sister, Rose Hill of Cairo; four grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.
Friends may call after 11 a.m. today at Cairo Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the church, with the Rev. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.
Crain Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.