- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
Iraq war gives wrong messages to the world
To the editor:
By invading and conquering Iraq, we have opened a Pandora's box of messages to the rest of the world:
Might makes right (we will administer vigilante justice).
The end justifies the means (Saddam is gone -- that is what's important, so war and casualties are justified).
Fifty-plus years of U.N. development have been undermined to impose our own dogmatic world view (nobody can tell us what to do).
We are willing to spend all of our money on military hardware (education and health care will have to wait).
HARLAN E. FIEHLER