- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Iraq war gives wrong messages to the world
To the editor:
By invading and conquering Iraq, we have opened a Pandora's box of messages to the rest of the world:
Might makes right (we will administer vigilante justice).
The end justifies the means (Saddam is gone -- that is what's important, so war and casualties are justified).
Fifty-plus years of U.N. development have been undermined to impose our own dogmatic world view (nobody can tell us what to do).
We are willing to spend all of our money on military hardware (education and health care will have to wait).
HARLAN E. FIEHLER