- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PARMA, Mo. -- Susie Orene Rutledge, 88, of Parma died Sunday, April 20, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 21, 1915, in Bellefontaine, Miss., daughter of James and Janie Richards Tillman. She and Johnnie Rutledge were married Feb. 2, 1938, in Bellefontaine. He died April 19, 1995.
Rutledge was a member of New Hope Baptist Church near Bernie, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Johnie Rutledge of Parma; two daughters, Virginia Walker and Mary Shobe of Parma; three brothers, Evonn Tillman of Sikeston, Mo., Johnny Tillman of Champaign, Ill., Fred Tillman of Rantoul, Ill.; a sister, Magnolia Jamerson of Urbana, Ill.; and seven grandchildren.
Friends may call at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Bernie after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Aikens officiating. Burial will be in Macedonia Cemetery at Malden, Mo.