- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
PARMA, Mo. -- Susie Orene Rutledge, 88, of Parma died Sunday, April 20, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 21, 1915, in Bellefontaine, Miss., daughter of James and Janie Richards Tillman. She and Johnnie Rutledge were married Feb. 2, 1938, in Bellefontaine. He died April 19, 1995.
Rutledge was a member of New Hope Baptist Church near Bernie, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Johnie Rutledge of Parma; two daughters, Virginia Walker and Mary Shobe of Parma; three brothers, Evonn Tillman of Sikeston, Mo., Johnny Tillman of Champaign, Ill., Fred Tillman of Rantoul, Ill.; a sister, Magnolia Jamerson of Urbana, Ill.; and seven grandchildren.
Friends may call at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Bernie after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at noon Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Aikens officiating. Burial will be in Macedonia Cemetery at Malden, Mo.