- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Helen Meyer, 100, of Anna died Monday, April 21, 2003, at Jonesboro Health Care Center in Jonesboro, Ill.
She was born March 27, 1903, in Anna, daughter of John Marshall and Emma Elizabeth Bean Rendleman. She and Bernhardt J. Meyer were married March 10, 1934. He died April 28, 1965.
Meyer lived on her parents' farm until her health failed. She attended Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, and received a bachelor's degree at the University of Illinois.
She taught 42 years in high schools at Anna, Tamms, Dongola and Eldorado, Ill. She was a lifelong member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include a niece, Elizabeth Pedro.
She was preceded in death by an infant son and a sister.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and Thursday until time of service.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Larry Shacklee and Tim Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.