- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Robert and Mary Irlbeck of Weingarten, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, announce the engagement of their daughter, Bess Marie Irlbeck, to James Michael Cain. He is the son of James and Cherie Cain of St. Louis.
Irlbeck is a 1993 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in communication disorders from Southeast Missouri State University in 1998, and a master of arts degree in communication disorders from the university in 2000. She is a certified speech/language pathologist with the Special School District of St. Louis County.
Cain is a 1993 graduate of Hazelwood West High School in St. Louis. He received a bachelor of arts degree in speech communication with emphasis in business management from Truman State University in 1998. He is a corporate account executive with Primary Marking Systems Inc. in St. Louis.
An Aug. 2 wedding is planned at Sacred Heart Church in St. Louis.