- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Commuter bus crash hurts nine
NEW YORK -- Nine people were injured Thursday when a private commuter bus barreled down a city street, colliding with more than a dozen cars and downing electrical wires.
None of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening, authorities said. Police said the bus driver has a medical condition that may have caused him to lose control of the vehicle.
The bus careered along 150th Street in the borough of Queens at about 4:15 p.m., ramming cars and damaging property along several blocks before stopping.
Fifteen cars were damaged, police spokesman Officer Louis Camacho said. Two electrical poles were hit, knocking out power to 12 customers.
The bus was carrying one passenger, who escaped injury, police said. The driver was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Telephone calls to Green Bus Lines went unanswered.