- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Verna May Hiller, 69, of Perryville died Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Feb. 25, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Roy Wallace and Viola Josephine Leonard Hamilton. She and Robert B. Hiller were married Nov. 1, 1953, in Corinth, Miss.
Hiller was a member of the United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Robert Hiller of Ellis Grove, Ill.; a daughter, Vicki McCree of Flower Mound, Texas; three brothers, James Hamilton of Flatwoods, Ky., Paul and Clifford Hamilton of California; a sister, Maxine Fluegge of Jackson; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and three brothers.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. today, and Friday after 6:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Rev. Jerry Willer will officiate. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.