- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- William R. Reiss, 73, formerly of Perryville, died Friday, April 11, 2003, at Christian Northeast Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born April 22, 1929, in Perry County, son of William John and Sarah Enna Sanford Reiss.
Reiss was a former inspector with General Motors. He was a member of Perryville Masonic Lodge 670, Eagles Aerie, and life member of VFW and Amvets.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include a son, Alan Reiss of Independence, Mo.; two daughters, Doris Abernathy of Berkeley, Mo., Brenda Bockerstette of St. Charles, Mo.; a sister, Elsie Valleroy of Perryville.
Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.