- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Health calendar 4/17/03
American Red Cross blood drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Southeast Missouri Hospital. All donors will receive a recognition item for donating.
Woman to Woman luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. in the Franciscan Center at St. Francis Medical Center. Cost is $10 at the door. For information, call 331-5107.
Preparation for childbirth class from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in conference room at Healing Arts Center. The class is part of a four-session course. Call 331-5107 for information.
"We Can" Support group meets from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Cancer Center lobby at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, contact chaplain Bill Matzat at 651-5519.
Stroke Club meets from 7 to 9 p.m. in room 101 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, call 651-5596.
Dr. Janna Tuck will speak about asthma on "Ask your doctor," a call-in medical show that airs at 8 p.m. on channel 5. The show is sponsored by the Cape Girardeau County Area Medical Society, St. Francis Medical Center and Southeast Missouri Hospital. Viewers can call 334-3095 with questions during the show.
American Red Cross blood drive from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Westfield Shoppingtown West Park.
Sibling class from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in Healing Arts Center at St. Francis Medical Center. Class is for children ages 3 to 9. For information, call 331-5107.
Childbirth preparation class from 6 to 8:30 p.m. in Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Preregistration is required; call 651-5825 for details.
GriefShare support group meets at 7 p.m. in room 202 in the education building at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson. Topic is "growing through grief." Call 243-2236 for information.
Infant massage class from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in Outpatient Rehab Conference Center at St. Francis' Center for Health and Rehab. For information, call 331-5107.
--From staff reports