- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Jerry L. Gilliland, 69, of Chaffee died Monday, April 14, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born May 13, 1933, in Sikeston, son of Aubrey and Elsie Sneed Gilliland. He and Lettie Carlene Greenlee were married Aug. 26, 1955, in Hernando, Miss.
Gilliland served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter Tammi McCraw of Marble Hill, Mo.; a brother, David Gilliland of Memphis, Tenn.; a sister, Carolyn Holmes of Sikeston; a granddaughter; and three stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. The Revs. Dewayne Coleman and Don Russell will officiate. Burial will be in Blodgett Cemetery, with full military honors by the VFW Post in New Madrid, Mo.