- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Susan Elizabeth Benz, 91, of Marble Hill died Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at her home.
She was born March 13, 1912, in Maplewood, Mo., daughter of James and Susana Phelan Halbrook. She and Leonard P. Benz were married Jan. 12, 1946, in Paragould, Ark. He died in 1969.
Benz had been a clerk at the U.S. Defense Mapping Center in St. Louis. She moved to Marble Hill seven years ago from Arnold, Mo.
Survivors include a daughter, Madeleine VanDeVen of Marble Hill; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Graveside service will be at 10:30 a.m. today at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
Hutchings Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.