- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SILVER LAKE, Mo. -- Joseph "Joe" McLain, 72, of St. Charles, Mo., died Thursday, April 10, 2003, in St. Charles.
He was born May 17, 1930, at Silver Lake, son of Paul Joseph and Mary Corine Jannin McLain. He and Virda N. House were married March 24, 1956.
McLain was a machinist at General Electric in St. Louis 27 years.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Darryl McLain of St. Peters, Mo., Richard McLain of O'Fallon, Mo.; two daughters, Dr. Carol Hutchinson of Tucson, Ariz., Angela Didriksen of St. Charles; a brother, Robert McLain of Perryville, Mo.; four sisters, Mary McLain, Rose Geile and Anna Cissell, all of Perryville, Rita Duvall of Collinsville, Ill.; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and infant twin brother and sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville from 3 to 8 p.m. Sunday, and Monday after 6:30 a.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. The Rev. Pete Patton will officiate. Burial will be in Bethlehem Baptist Cemetery at Crosstown, Mo.