- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Oran fire chief thanks voters for their support
To the editor:
On behalf of the Oran Fire Protection District, I would like to express our deep gratitude and appreciation for our community's support on April 8 of the 10-cent property tax.
The margin of victory demonstrates our community's strong dedication to providing needed resources for our fire department. Without this help we could not do our job. I would also like to thank the board of directors and the department members for their hard work and effort in achieving this goal. This vote is indicative of the high level of service provided by our personnel and a testimony to their efforts.
I can assure our community that we will always strive to provide the best service possible and to never take lightly the support we have been given.
Oran Fire Protection District