- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Oran fire chief thanks voters for their support
To the editor:
On behalf of the Oran Fire Protection District, I would like to express our deep gratitude and appreciation for our community's support on April 8 of the 10-cent property tax.
The margin of victory demonstrates our community's strong dedication to providing needed resources for our fire department. Without this help we could not do our job. I would also like to thank the board of directors and the department members for their hard work and effort in achieving this goal. This vote is indicative of the high level of service provided by our personnel and a testimony to their efforts.
I can assure our community that we will always strive to provide the best service possible and to never take lightly the support we have been given.
Oran Fire Protection District