- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Oran fire chief thanks voters for their support
To the editor:
On behalf of the Oran Fire Protection District, I would like to express our deep gratitude and appreciation for our community's support on April 8 of the 10-cent property tax.
The margin of victory demonstrates our community's strong dedication to providing needed resources for our fire department. Without this help we could not do our job. I would also like to thank the board of directors and the department members for their hard work and effort in achieving this goal. This vote is indicative of the high level of service provided by our personnel and a testimony to their efforts.
I can assure our community that we will always strive to provide the best service possible and to never take lightly the support we have been given.
Oran Fire Protection District