- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Oran fire chief thanks voters for their support
To the editor:
On behalf of the Oran Fire Protection District, I would like to express our deep gratitude and appreciation for our community's support on April 8 of the 10-cent property tax.
The margin of victory demonstrates our community's strong dedication to providing needed resources for our fire department. Without this help we could not do our job. I would also like to thank the board of directors and the department members for their hard work and effort in achieving this goal. This vote is indicative of the high level of service provided by our personnel and a testimony to their efforts.
I can assure our community that we will always strive to provide the best service possible and to never take lightly the support we have been given.
Oran Fire Protection District