- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Oran fire chief thanks voters for their support
To the editor:
On behalf of the Oran Fire Protection District, I would like to express our deep gratitude and appreciation for our community's support on April 8 of the 10-cent property tax.
The margin of victory demonstrates our community's strong dedication to providing needed resources for our fire department. Without this help we could not do our job. I would also like to thank the board of directors and the department members for their hard work and effort in achieving this goal. This vote is indicative of the high level of service provided by our personnel and a testimony to their efforts.
I can assure our community that we will always strive to provide the best service possible and to never take lightly the support we have been given.
Oran Fire Protection District