- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Oran fire chief thanks voters for their support
To the editor:
On behalf of the Oran Fire Protection District, I would like to express our deep gratitude and appreciation for our community's support on April 8 of the 10-cent property tax.
The margin of victory demonstrates our community's strong dedication to providing needed resources for our fire department. Without this help we could not do our job. I would also like to thank the board of directors and the department members for their hard work and effort in achieving this goal. This vote is indicative of the high level of service provided by our personnel and a testimony to their efforts.
I can assure our community that we will always strive to provide the best service possible and to never take lightly the support we have been given.
Oran Fire Protection District