- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
We could be on the threshold of real peace
To the editor:
The leadership, conduct, overall circumstances, short duration and imminent peace should be a strong indication that Operation Iraqi Freedom was indeed a just and holy war.
The unsung heroes are the traditional Republican and Democratic majority in Congress and the praying, positive, volunteering majority of people through our country and the world.
With continued religious, political, moral and scientific clarity and a host of volunteers, we could be standing on the threshold of reason, reclamation and peace.