- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
We could be on the threshold of real peace
To the editor:
The leadership, conduct, overall circumstances, short duration and imminent peace should be a strong indication that Operation Iraqi Freedom was indeed a just and holy war.
The unsung heroes are the traditional Republican and Democratic majority in Congress and the praying, positive, volunteering majority of people through our country and the world.
With continued religious, political, moral and scientific clarity and a host of volunteers, we could be standing on the threshold of reason, reclamation and peace.